In this episode, we hear meaningful insights and learn some quick wins from Kevin Flaherty. Kevin is owner of Flaherty Physical Therapy in Northborough, Massachusetts.
For over 20 years, Kevin has been helping people to improve their long-term health. His testimonials speak for themselves.
It’s always great to catch up with Kevin, because he’s such a great person and an accomplished licensed physical therapist. He has worked with the Boston Red Sox and other high profile clients.
- Gather helpful information in the simplest way to help you reach your health goals
- Flaherty Physical Therapy offers Exercise educational info in text, image, and video formats
- Please do not just jump in to a drastic exercise program that is not “the right exercise for your particular situation at this point in time”… you can work with an experienced person to find the right exercise plan for you… that will be enjoyable and long-lasting
- Individualized programs are very important
- The Team approach… getting emotional fuel from a community… is so important. Flickers & small flames will grow into full Fireworks shows in your healthy habits program!
- As Gretchen Becker says, you are “Chairman of the Board” regarding your health
- Kevin teaches a college course on Healthcare Reimbursement Policy and Practices
- The healthcare system (The Establishment) underserves the people who need help and support because the reimbursement & incentives structures are not set up to maximize long-lasting impact
- Diabetes Education reimbursements for Certified Diabetes Educators (CDEs) and physicians are limited to 12 hours in the patient’s first year and only 2 hours in the patient’s second year. So, that’s 14 total hours of education & support in the first 24 months! That’s why we’re starting this grass roots movement… to provide education & support for people with type 2 diabetes who are ready to make a few simple changes.
- Change is difficult. Setbacks always happen over time. The Team Approach is necessary.
- In the next few hours… your Action Step is to walk down the street for a few minutes, and then walk back. Do this for 3 days in a row. Celebrate your early Wins! Brag on Twitter about your decision to Take Action!
Small daily improvements are the key to staggering long term results!
Kevin Flaherty and I will publish a simple blueprint to help you get started “correctly” with exercise… soon. Learn how to thrive with Type 2 Diabetes.
Check out our online community, blog posts, and materials at
Or, text NUMBERS to 44 222
You can find this TransformationCast episode on SoundCloud and on Stitcher Radio, as well. And, we expect to be live on iTunes with all TransformationCast episodes in July!